JM Drama Alumni - Call for Play Proposals
JM Drama Alumni is committed to providing opportunities for actors, production designers, and crew to further their skills and indulge their love of theatre by presenting two community theatre productions each year.
The Spring Production will be a drama or a comedy, generally with a smaller cast, usually running a single week in April or May. Applications will be reviewed by the play selection committee in July.
Generally involving a larger cast and frequently a musical, the Summer Production will run for two weeks (usually the first two weeks of August). Applications will be reviewed by the play selection committee in December.
If you are interested in directing a play for JM Drama Alumni and would like to submit a proposal, please outline the following items as applicable to your production:
- Name of work
- Authors (including composer, lyricist, book)
- Short synopsis
- Why do you wish to direct this show?
- Anticipated budget
- Any related challenges (i.e. requires full set, heavy on special effects, etc)
- Cast description
- Anticipated Target Audience
- Suggested Production Team (indicate where positions have been confirmed)
- Suggested length of run
Please send proposals via email to Sam Varteniuk, Artistic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org